Thursday, January 29, 2009


Betty Dress - by Angie Newall


Today I wanted to share another one of my 1930-40's dresses that I made. This one I named Betty because it just hit me out of the blue.

Now of course it's not like the white one in the picture below but I liked it and wanted to make one with an open belly like that one has. I like the white and may have to make one like it too.

I was informed that showing the open belly at this point in time was "taboo"and that I couldn't sell it in the rp sim, but however after some research I found out that this was becoming popular with the ladies. I got my information here .


And here's a little about what the site has to say about it:

Beaded crepe cocktail dress, 1940s

This Hollywood style dress has the built-up shoulders made popular by MGM designer Adrian in his designs for Joan Crawford (Letty Lynton,1932). The style really took hold after America entered WWII. The shoulder pads signified the woman who lives her life to the full, the self-made woman.

The hard line of the shoulders is softened by the softly draped sleeves and outrageous bare midriff. The bias-cut skirt peplum flares to a deep "V" in back. The dress is fashioned from white rayon crepe and is decorated with bands of clear crystal beading with accents of pale amber beads. The dress closes in back with a metal zipper. The straight skirt has a small slit at the center-back hem.

The dress brings to mind Veronica Lake in the 1940s film noir, The Blue Dahlia. She plays the beautiful, mysterious stranger meeting Alan Ladd for the first time. Her memorable line was "Practically all the people I know were strangers when I first met them." But they won't forget her—or you in this dress!

I love that quote by Veronica and my just have to put it in my profile. :)

This one will be up for grabs soon. Just wanted to share it with ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Balliamo. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino